Karen Blixen Coffee Garden and Cottages is situated approximately a half mile from the Karen Blixen museum, 35 minutes from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and 15 minutes drive from Nairobi city centre. The Coffee Garden sits on 5 ½ acres of land with large hundred year old trees and a beautiful garden with hundreds of different varieties of blooming flowers, and a large population of birds in a beautiful and serene area.
Location: Karen- Nairobi
More about Karen Blixen Coffee Garden and Cottages
* Built around 1906 to 1908
* Was originally a hunting lodge or farm house
* Located near Wilson airport
* Set in the midst of one of the oldest formal gardens in Kenya which have huge jacaranda, candelabra, cactus, bottlebrush, and other trees
* Located near the original farmhouse of the famous Baroness Blixen ( “out of Africa”), which is now The Karen Blixen Museum.
Karen Blixen Coffee Garden and Cottages can host 30 guests.
Cottages are divided into:-
* Honeymoon cottage
* Three, two bedroom suites and
* 8 individual suites
The cottages feature Mini bars, satellite TVs, internet connections, Fireplace, hi-beam ceilings, Verandah, phones available in all rooms, Hair Dryer and large bathroom with its own shower and bath
* Swimming pool
* Dinning and Restaurant area
* Gift shop
* Garden spa
* Room service
* Enjoy activities nearby such as golfing, tennis and squash.
* Visit to Nairobi safari walk,
* Visit to Karen Blixen Museum, Sheldrick elephant and rhino orphanage