Tortilis Camp Amboseli is situated set about 250 kilometers from Nairobi and about 45 minutes flight South East of Nairobi and approximately 4hrs drive in Amboseli National park which is best known for its unrivalled views of Kilimanjaro, free-standing World’s highest mountain and the local elephant population. The camp provides luxury type of comfort while you are on a safari and is situated just outside the park.
Highlights for Tortilis Camp Amboseli
* Named after the flat-topped, umbrella thorn tree, the Acacia Tortilis,
* Situated in one of Amboseli’s areas of Acacia Tortilis woodland
* Offers unrivalled views of Kilimanjaro and the local elephant population
* Amboseli airstrip is a 45 minutes drive from the camp.
* The Camp runs on solar inverter batteries and a generator.
The camp has 16 tents which are spacious, with king or twin beds, elegant en suite bathrooms offering spectacular views of the mountain. The tents are all large and spacious, with king or twin beds, elegant en suite bathrooms.
* It also has 1 Private House – 2 ensuite bedrooms (1 double and 1 twin) with a shared seating / dining area and
*1 Family Tent – 2 ensuite bedrooms (1 double and 1 twin) with a shared veranda
Facilities and activities at Tortilis Camp Amboseli
* Lounge area
* Bar and dining area
* Swimming Pool
* Massages, Manicure & Pedicure
* Laundry services
* Game drives
* Nature walks
* Bush meals
* Cultural Visits