Rusinga Island Lodge nestles in Rusinga Island in Lake Victoria and Rusinga is 80 miles due west of the famous Masai Mara Game Reserve and a 45-minute ferry ride across the lake. It is a place of tranquility, to relax and rejuvenate the body.
Highlights for Rusinga Island Lodge
* A place of infinite beauty to calm the mind and rejuvenate the body tranquility,
* The spacious grounds offer a safe environment for children to release energy and the more active to catch up on exercise.
* A private retreat centre
* Rusinga is a 20-minute charter flight from Kisumu; a 35-minute charter flight from the Masai Mara; and a 1 hour 30 minute charter flight from Nairobi.
The Lodge comprises six self-contained cottages plus a family cottage with twin room and double room with an interconnecting door.
Facilities and Activities at Rusinga Island Lodge
* Boat ride
* Tour to Ruma National Park
* Electricity is provided by both generator and inverter power offering an electrical supply 24-hours a day.
* Exploring Archaeological Sites
* Bird Watching
* Water Sports