Porini Amboseli Safari Camp is set in the Amboseli eco-system within the exclusive Selenkay Conservancy of Amboseli National park about 270km from Nairobi. The camp is set on a 15,000-acre private game reserve within a vast tract of land owned by the Kisonko clan of the Maasai people. The conservancy is an important dispersal area for wildlife moving in and out of Amboseli and holds a wide diversity of species.
Highlights for Porini Amboseli Safari Camp
* Small – with just 9 spacious guest tents
* Retains all the charm and feel of the traditional luxury camps
* Game drives can be done in the Selenkay Conservancy and in the Amboseli National Park.
* Night game drives can be carried out in the Selenkay Conservancy to seek out the nocturnal animals
* It is set up along the lines of the traditional hunting safari bush camp, so there are no permanent structures like bar or restaurant or swimming pool – this is real camping in the bush, but with much more comfortable bathroom arrangements than were available to the hunters of earlier years
The Camp is small and exclusive that consists of nine spacious tentsand can host a maximum of 18 guest’s. The tents are tastefully furnished and have solar powered electric lighting with en suite bathrooms including shower, wash basin and flush toilet.
Facilities and Activities at Porini Amboseli Safari Camp
* Solar-powered electric lights
* Game drives
* Bird watching
* Guided walks
* Visit to the Masai Village